Acupuncture benefits the health of both mother and baby throughout the pregnancy. Treatment time provides a sanctuary away from daily stress and affords mother and baby the chance to connect in a peaceful, supportive environment.
Benefits of Acupuncture During Pregnancy:
▪ Lack of or difficulty sleeping
▪ Pain relief (low back, hips, carpal tunnel, sciatica)
▪ Morning sickness
▪ Headaches & migraines
▪ Nourishing the baby
▪ Digestive symptoms (acid reflux, heartburn, constipation)
▪ Immune system enhancement
▪ Stress reduction
▪ Preterm Labor
▪ Threatened Miscarriage
▪ The postpartum period means caring for the mother as well as the baby.
Many mothers struggle to make space for their own healing after the birth of their child. Acupuncture supports and restores mothers back to vibrant health. Irregular sleep, adjusting to new duties and caring for a newborn can take a physical and emotional toll on a new mother’s health. Taking time to nourish oneself has a ripple effect leading to healthier, happier babies, relationships and homelife.
Benefits of Acupuncture Postpartum:
▪ Improves sleep for baby
▪ Balances hormones (Baby Blues as well as post-partum Depression)
▪ Increases energy, general health & immune system
▪ Assists with insufficient lactation & mastitis
▪ Relieves stress & anxiety